Most materials shipped or stored throughout the world are contained in a steel drum. This includes hazardous materials or dangerous goods. And at Skolnik, we take proper hazmat containment seriously.
Choosing the right drum for the job is always important, but when it comes to hazardous materials, that importance may be tenfold.
There are many questions to consider when determining the proper container for hazardous material:
- What type of steel should I use?
- What size drum do I need?
- Should the drum be lined?
- If so, what type of liner should I use? Epoxy-phenolic, 100% clear phenolic or pigmented phenolic?
- How will the materials be transported?
- What requirements must be met to safely and legally transport my container on train, truck, sea or air?
- What certifications does my container require? UN certification? OSHA? EPA? DOT? All of the above?
With so many things to consider when shipping or storing hazardous goods, it can be daunting to get the job done. But at Skolnik, we can help. When you’re shipping hazardous materials, it is your responsibility as the shipper that your contents are properly classified, packaged and labeled, so take care and ask questions to ensure that we can provide you with the right container for your needs. Asking questions up front can save time, money and lives when it comes to the transport or storage of your materials.
Reduce risk and avoid incident with proper hazmat containment. Talk to a Skolnik Industries representative to ensure your contents, facilities, transport vehicles, employees and anyone who may come in contact with your materials are kept safe and protected throughout your containers storage or transport.