SKOLNIK Industries, Inc.
Skolnik is a successful mid-size custom manufacturer of special use carbon and stainless steel containers. To that end we are seeking a financial analyst to be involved with the financial aspects of sales, production, warehousing, shipping, scheduling, maintenance and purchasing. We are experiencing moderate growth and are in the process of upgrading our systems and procedures to better serve manufacturing and our customers. We have a 100 person, non-union workforce in a single shift operation at our 120,000 square foot manufacturing and office facilities near Midway Airport in Chicago. Our leaders are creative, proactive decision makers who constantly seek innovation and new ideas in our quest to remain ahead of competitors and to provide superior products and services to our customers
The successful candidate will work with the executive team to improve overall company performance, from quoting to invoicing and all matters in between, including sales, purchasing, production, warehousing, scheduling, maintenance, human resources and shipping. Responsibilities also will include the financial aspects of planning and implementation of improvements to the physical plant.
The Senior Financial Analyst reports to the VP of Finance, under the direction of the CFO and will work closely with the President, VP of Sales, the VP of Engineering and Operations, and the VP of Quality.
- Work closely with President, CFO, VP of Finance, the executive team and department managers to refine the company’s strategic vision and long-term plan. This will include evaluating the financial management and budgeting processes and the general internal controls and accounting systems.
- Involvement with budgeting and analysis to provide clear insights and recommendations to support the company’s strategic initiatives and the long-term plan. Must possess strong capabilities in leading and executing statistical/analytical modeling forecasts based on the key metrics of the business, i.e., purchasing raw materials, project costs, capacity planning, any outsourced consulting, etc.
- Drive cash flow optimization activities and ensure that they reflect a careful eye on expense containment while enabling strategic investments to be made in order to fuel profitable revenue growth.
- Ensure financial reporting is accurate, timely, relevant and provides direction on a forward-looking basis to support business decisions.
- Review general internal controls to ensure that they are effective, efficient and adequate.
- Institute proactive programs that support business and employee initiatives and maximize profitability.
- Provide support in performing due diligence related to possible acquisitions.
- Participate in IT and ERP (Sage) activity for sales, manufacturing, inventory and payroll, as well as other pertinent systems and technology of the company.
- Assess business feasibility to determine opportunities that will benefit the company.
- Assist in cost-build ups, whether for an RFP or potential new customer in order to help sell the product at a specific margin.
- Participate in the annual external financial review.
- Minimum 5 years of increased responsibilities as a controller, financial analyst or auditor.
- Experience within a small to mid-sized entrepreneurial company, preferably a niche market manufacturer in the metals industry.
- A demonstrated background in analysis of business activities to evaluate and determine the resulting financial impact on strategic goals.
- Creative problem-solving capabilities with a proven record of taking ownership of issues and orchestrating resources to meet goals.
- A solid foundation in accounting theory and accounting standards is mandatory. Familiarity with cash management, administrative and operational responsibilities, and budgeting and forecasting.
- Experience in the financial aspects of new product evaluation, development and implementation.
- Experience in market and industry analysis.
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree in finance or accounting from an accredited college or university, or a mechanical or industrial engineering degree with a minor in accounting or finance from an accredited college or university.
- CPA and/or an advanced degree preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Proficiency in data analytics
- Proficiency with ERP for manufacturing, Sage/MAS preferred
The compensation package for this position is commensurate with experience and includes an attractive base salary, incentive plan with generous benefits.
Contact: Griselda Alvarez, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel: 773.884.1548.