MACHINERY MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN W/PLC EXPERIENCE
SKOLNIK Industries, Inc.
Skolnik is a successful mid-size custom manufacturer of special use carbon and stainless steel containers. To that end, we are seeking a financial analyst to be involved with the financial aspects of sales, production, warehousing, shipping, scheduling, maintenance, and purchasing. We are experiencing moderate growth and are in the process of upgrading our systems and procedures to serve manufacturing and our customers better. We have a 100 person, non-union workforce in a single shift operation at our 120,000 square foot manufacturing and office facilities near Midway Airport in Chicago. Our leaders are creative, proactive decision makers who constantly seek innovation and new ideas in our quest to remain ahead of competitors and to provide superior products and services to our customers
The successful candidate will Assist in the completion of the day-to-day maintenance activities, involving the maintenance of the company equipment and machinery including CNC machines, product production lines, and ovens.
The Machinery Maintenance Technician reports to the Maintenance Manager, and will work closely with Operations, as with any other department in the facility when needed.
Manufacturing Engineer Responsibilities
- Analyzes mechanical and operational problems on assigned equipment and plans for and takes corrective action. Makes necessary corrections and running adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality.
- Performs all work with a sense of urgency, minimizes equipment downtime by performing any and all maintenance required.
- Performs all work with attention to detail, returning all equipment to production in better condition than received. Cleans work area and machine before returning equipment back to production.
- Maintenance Lead or Manager will review technician production schedule and when equipment is not scheduled for manufacturing will change tech over equipment to new sizes or perform scheduled preventive maintenance.
- Tests equipment to check for proper operation. Clears jams and sets aside product for inspection and rework. Tries out equipment after repairs, changeovers or extended downtime.
- Performs all assigned tasks with a high degree of safety. Follows LOTO procedures at all times, obtains all necessary permits, i.e. confined space, hot work, and other related tasks.
- Performs all work with the safety of others and those in the immediate area in mind.
- Performs preventive maintenance check and inspection of assigned equipment, reports findings to supervisor and takes appropriate action.
- Examines defects and analyzes spoilage causes and, where possible, takes corrective action.
- Notifies maintenance manager or team lead of recurring equipment malfunctions and corrective action taken, and of quality problems or supplies needed.
- Instructs and directs any support trainees assigned.
- Follows sound safety and housekeeping practices.
- Continually seeks out opportunities to contribute to the business success through proactive involvement in department initiatives.
- Demonstrated a high degree of Industrial mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical aptitude and repair skills.
- Excellent mechanical troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with PLC’s including programming, writing ladder logic diagrams, and other related tasks. Preferred Automation Direct, Allen Bradley or Siemens programming experience a plus.
- Experience in panel building a plus.
- Computer Maintenance Management System experience, preferred M-Pulse experience.
- Maintains a clean and bright work area at all times, keeps tools and supplies organized and helps maintain the maintenance shop clean and clutter free.
- Ability to manage/prioritize multiple complicated priorities/tasks on a daily basis.
- Exhibits strong judgment and decision-making skills.
- Basic computer skills, Windows Office, and related applications.
- Ability to interact professionally with all types of mechanical contractors and vendors while representing the highest standards set by Skolnik.
- Position requires passing a basic Job Skills Test.
Ability to speak conversational English and read/write elementary level English at a minimum; fluent in English preferred with Bilingual Spanish a plus.
The compensation package for this position is commensurate with experience and includes an attractive base salary, incentive plan, and generous benefits.
Contact: Griselda Alvarez, HR Generalist at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel: 773.884.1548.