Whether you are new to the community of hazardous materials packaging, or a long time participant, you might be surprised to learn something you don’t know! Here are 8 basic questions, hopefully you will get them all correct.
1. Which U.S. government agency regulates the packaging and transportation of hazardous materials?
2. Which of the following marks on a UN rated package represents the most hazardous material?
3. On what part of a UN rated steel drum does the permanent mark/embossment have to be placed?
a. top or cover
4. Should each UN rated drum shipment be accompanied with a set of closure instructions?
5. A UN test certificate is valid for how many months?
6. Package and Placard Labels are diamond shaped
7. All employees must be aware that hazardous materials, hazmat packagings and/or packagings with hazardous material residue could be used by groups or individuals to cause deliberate harm.
8. Employees who have a connection to hazardous materials must receive refresher training and be re-tested at least once every year.