As shippers of Dangerous Goods, there is an endless necessity of learning the proper protocol and regulations for packaging and shipping classified contents. The DOT published a list of questions that all packagers and shippers should be able to answer. The questions appear below, you can find the answers here:
- Why is the classification of a hazmat so important?
- How do I classify a product as hazmat?
- Are there any exceptions to hazmat transportation regulations?
- What is a hazardous material (hazmat)?
- Who is required to be trained?
- How do I get training?
- What kind of shipping documentation do I need to prepare?
- How can I obtain the correct hazmat packaging and markings and labels?
- What is emergency response information?
- What is an emergency response telephone number?
- Do I need to develop a safety and security plan?
- Do I need to keep records of hazmat shipments?
- What are the penalties for not complying with hazmat transportation regulations?
It’s up to you to find, and know, these answers!
Click here for answers to these questions.